I have gone book-crazy again. Dither got out all of the boxes with my books and helped me get them unpacked and shelved, which means that my last insane bookshopping trip results are also nicely shelved.
Then I realised that I had the Overdrive app on my iPad.
It sat there on the screen, mocking me. Daring me to push some limits. I have a billion books that I mean to read, should be reading, and am currently reading. This easy way to get things from the library should not be on my mind. But it is. It is.
I have a card at two different libraries (technically, three, but one of them does not participate in Overdrive) with a checkout limit of 10 at one and 5 at the other. My challenge to myself is to fill that limit and read them all in my lending period. Which is 21 days. I’ve already started on the first, and there are two re-reads on the list, but those aren’t short books.
Two rules: No audiobooks. No early returns for unfinished books. If it sucks, I still have to read it. I need to make me some tolerance, after all.
This is going to be fun. I started this morning, and just finished filling my limits.
- Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (Hope to finish today)
- Krondor: The Betrayal by Raymond E Feist
- Maskerade by Terry Pratchett (re-read, it’s been a few years)
- Jingo by Terry Pratchett (re-read, it’s been maybe one year. heh, one of my favourite Discworld books!)
- Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
- Sushi for Beginners by Marian Keyes
- The Magician’s Guild by Trudi Canavan
- The Constantine Affliction by T Payton (this one looks intriguing)
- Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by RL LaFevers (if I like it, there’s a few more in the series…)
- The Charmed Sphere by Catherine Asaro
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty (seriously looking forward to this one)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by AN Roquelaure (book 1)
- Beauty’s Punishment by AN Roquelaure (book 2)
Will update as I finish reading. Off to get to it!