Hit a lucky break. The other book I had to finish to clear my shelf was tedious and badly written, so I returned it without bothering to reach the end. I waited until this morning to fill out my limits. This time, I’m not going to differentiate between County and City. One, because it doesn’t matter, and two, because I’ve forgotten and it takes too long to check which book is on which checked-out list.
So, I have twenty-one days to read fifteen books.
- River Secrets by Shannon Hale (about 100 pages to go now)
- St George by Giles Morgan
- Captain Jack’s Woman by Stephanie Laurens
- Divine Misfortune by A Lee Martinez (I read Monster a couple of years ago, so I’m hoping this one’ll be good)
- The Dark Reunion by LJ Smith (I probably read this when I was thirteen, but I don’t remember now)
- Superman by Larry Tye
- Catherine the Great by Simon Dixon
- Do Elephants Jump by David Feldman
- The Comfort of Strangers by Ian McEwan
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
- Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
- Poirot Investigates by Agatha Christie (I always love Poirot books)
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carre
- When Day Breaks by Mary Jane Clark
- The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer
…I was going to put up Amazon links for each of these, like I did before, but my fingers hurt so much that I’m surprised that I can type. As it is, I have to keep stopping to straighten them out, which stings like billy-oh. My shoulders are even worse, so I’m trying not to use the mouse more than I absolutely have to.
All I’ve done so far today is sob and read. Not at the same time. The former would make it too hard to see. Sobbing is better than crying, though. Crying makes my eyes sting and itch, sobbing just makes my throat hurt.
It’d be cool if I could finish a book every one or two days, but I don’t know yet. Looking at my holds, I should probably have one or two of those come in while I’m doing this, so I already anticipate sideline reading. I could have waited for them to come in, but considering that everyone has a fourteen to twenty-one day lending period, I might’ve ended up waiting until the middle of May.
And why wait?
Oh, in case people who read my blog hate the idea of me doing this again, I’ll try to have a non-challenge post at least every other day. Maybe not today, because of the whole massive pain issue.
Anywho, back to reading River Secrets. Should be done in an hour or so, depending on stuff.